• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Headlining...

Jon_uk

Hi folks,

I'm just about to get my headlining redone by a local company - for the price of reinstalling my second hand item though they are able to make up a new headlining for me. This means if i want, I can change the colour etc. My car is an inka orange 02... does anybody have a picture of their headlining? Im trying to decide whether to go for a dark or light option?

Thanks in advance

Jon

Jon,

I have a black headliner which i think looks great. I prefer it over the factory oem one in the 74 because it doesnt show dirt as much. Ill grab a photo tomorrow if you want one?

Tom

6780296635_13fa58faa3_b.jpg

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

Hey Tom, thanks for that! It'd be great to see... Im not sure what kind of fabric to go for... do I get perforated black, solid black or a charcoal soft touch thing (like in my bosses old E46 M3... the flash bugger has upgraded to an Aston Marton V8 Vantage!)? So many choices....!

Hi Jon, I've got Alcantara in mine. Looks quite grey in the picture but it's black really. I'm very pleased with it. My roof's a bit of a nightmare as it's an e21 tilt and slide that the previous owner transplanted into the 02. Having no experience of e21 it took me a long while to figure out what the bugger was! Just working my way round to making new sun visors now. One word of warning: the Alcantara is a bit thicker than the vinyl originally used - the guy who fitted my screens had a bit of a struggle in some places. Let us know what you go for

post-385-13667577036221_thumb.jpg

'73 tii arancio borealis - finished?!

'74 lux fjord - gone :(

'73 3.0csi polaris

Sorry for the dodgy photo Jon - you should get the idea though. Car is currently under a few boxes of parts with a car cover over it. When the black ones finished, then work can start on this one and it can get back on the road!

Tom

post-134-1366757703708_thumb.jpg

6780296635_13fa58faa3_b.jpg

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

I purchased an OEM one from blunt that cost me bugger all - speak to him for pricing - that will mean it makes it as simple as installing.

I tried a lining from a well known company that I will not name in order to keep the peace, but the product was not up to the standard that I was expecting.

The OEM fitted right, the first time.

toddsig05.jpg