• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

grounding points in trunk

BLUNT

I grounded mine to my TEP rear battery bar. I also installed a battery cut-off switch (see link) on the neg cable so I can interrupt the ground easy when doing electrical work. It's easier than pulling the cable. I also use it as a anti theft device. I just turn the key to interrupt the ground and take the key with me.

Link:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=92688

Phil/Bomb Guy in Colorado

2002 E46M3

2002 E46 325 xi

1991 E30 325ix

1970 2002 M2

1966 Mustang

I grounded mine to my TEP rear battery bar. I also installed a battery cut-off switch (see link) on the neg cable so I can interrupt the ground easy when doing electrical work. It's easier than pulling the cable. I also use it as a anti theft device. I just turn the key to interrupt the ground and take the key with me.

Link:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=92688

I'm oing to add one of those in as well as a big fuse just in case the + line gets grounded accidentally (sat at the point it passes thru the firewall. If it did happen I imagine it would cause a fire or at least fry some other electronics.

Blunt did you run your + line yet? If not I was able to run mine thru the fire wall into the cavity that houses the fuses- kinda kept things neat. NOt a great shot but ou can just see them on the left side.

post-147-13667576401375_thumb.jpg

Your installer buddy must be thinking of bady/frame cars. Use your multimeter and check the resistance from the sheetmetal to different parts of the body. You'll see it is pretty low.

The only way there would be added resistance if if there were really crappy welds and no other path for the current.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes