• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

weber 38 manifold

Krack

I'm thinking of upgrading to a weber 38, but i read that the manifold for my 32/36 needs to be adjusted for the 38. How hard of a modification is it? And is the ireland engineering custom 38 manifold worth spending the green on, instead of modifying my current setup?

thanks,

David

Legend in his own mind

I'm thinking of upgrading to a weber 38, but i read that the manifold for my 32/36 needs to be adjusted for the 38. How hard of a modification is it? And is the ireland engineering custom 38 manifold worth spending the green on, instead of modifying my current setup?

thanks,

David

David, I picked up a manifold at a local junkyard a while back. It is a "peanut" style. When I purchased my 38 Weber I placed it on the manifold and both throttle butterflies opened with ease. I am going to open up the hole because it is actually to small and I want better airflow. If your manifold has the two holes instead, it might work that way. But remember it was designed for a 32 Solex and not for a 38 Weber. Enlarging the holes might not be nessasary. Most people here say It will need to be enlarged. Im using my Dremel with sanding wheels. Its taking longer than I thought bit I know Im saving money. Good Luck.

David

David G.

1976 BMW 2002 "Diana" Smog? What smog!!

1998 Nissan 200SX "Sayuki" Can't argue with 35 MPG!!

1987 Nissan 300ZX My Dad's old Z will soon be mine!!

Guest Anonymous

Grind out your stocker's holds to 40 40 mm, put a swirl in it ,gasket match the ports as far back as possible , and smooth the short turn radii and you will surprize yourself.