• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody want a 1:10 scale Radio controlled model 2002?

finkbuilt

Yeah, me too.

It doesn't appear that anyone has ever made one. I just posted this in the suggestion box's at both Tamiya and HPI Racing.

If anybody else think that this is a good idea, please make a similar suggestion yourself, maybe they will do it.

I said:

Please forward to your New Product Development lead responsible for new body styles.

Have you ever considerd developing a 1973 BMW 2002tii body for any of your 1:10 cars? This car has an enormous and dedicated cult following both on the street and on track scene, both in vintage and autocross. I know of 200 enthusiast who would immediately buy any car system that you would offer bodied as a bmw 2002. New racing clubs would sprout up all accross the country.

Please give this advice serious consideration. I am on the verge of building the block myself and thermoforming this body, but then the cars would end up on various platforms, and would be of sub-standard quality. If you made this body, you would capture the market and capture a whole bunch of new customers around the world.

Check out the enthusiasm for this celebrated car on the web.

Again, please forward this on the appropriate product development staff.

thanks,

steve lodefink

----------

If this appeals to you, please make a similar suggestion yourself.

Here are the contact URLs:

http://www.hpiracing.com/index2.htm (click contact at the very bottom).

http://www.tamiyausa.com/contact/email.php

73 Riviera Daily driver 2002 - MS, 9.5:1, cam, LSD

I hope Tamiya does it. The details on their models always seem to be top-notch.

HPI stuff always looks stretched and exaggerated to me... but you never know. Good suggestion, i'll be sure to drop them a line too!

SIG4.jpg

click signature above for my resto blog