• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do you think- should I go for this s-14 (nt)

peteinjp

No bids yet. 4days left. 89,000kms (54,000miles) $1500 bucks. I'm so tempted to go for it and mega squirt it. If i did I'd bargain for the header and inteke plenum to go along with it. The starter i'd just pull form the m10 as well as the alternator. I'm sure there are many things I'm not thinking about so pipe up! Here is the description.

It is the S14 engine for E30 M3. Travelling 89000 kilometer. Condition is the very good engine. It places in 2500cc, for changing. You just lowered. The assistant descriptions which have been taken to the photograph (スロッルボディ and the like) you remove. Already exchanging to a little better ones, we transfer the cam cover. Dispatch becomes from Tochigi prefecture.

Quite limited but if its never been opened up.........

post-147-13667574297825_thumb.jpg

post-147-13667574298647_thumb.jpg

post-147-13667574299367_thumb.jpg

Seems to missing a lot of parts: distributor (cam driven - see flange at front of motor) and harness, electrical harness, timing chain/cover, water pump, flywheel, sensors, intake plenum, oil cooler/filter mount, etc. Even if you megasquirt it, you're still going to need all that stuff. Seems you'd need another motor to cannabalize, tho' maybe that's what this one was for....

MichaelP

BMW_CCA Blue Ridge Chapter

'71 1600

'71 2800CS

'73 3.0CS

'91 318ic

http://www.crismanpetrus.us

Seems to missing a lot of parts: distributor (cam driven - see flange at front of motor) and harness, electrical harness, timing chain/cover, water pump, flywheel, sensors, intake plenum, oil cooler/filter mount, etc. Even if you megasquirt it, you're still going to need all that stuff. Seems you'd need another motor to cannabalize, tho' maybe that's what this one was for....

Well if I mega squirt and spark I wouldn't need the distributor, electrical harness (I'd need to make one for the mega stuff) or sensors. The flywheel would come off of the m10 alongwith the starter, water pump and alternator. The timing cover is all there unless I'm missing something. I would need the down pipe, filter head and intake plenum. If I could work those in for a $300 or so then it might be worth it. the mileage is so low it hurts.

I know just enough about MS to be a danger to myself and the the public. I've always thought of it as a piggyback system to be wired into an existing loom, but I guess you could build up a new harness with an RF, temp sensor and TPS (bmw?). Ignition would be distributorless wasted spark? Sorry about the timing cover remark - I was wrong.

FWIW the blue caps over the injectors indicate that they been serviced or replaced at some point. The throttle body inlets look pretty clean, as does the rest of it. It's a risk, but the mileage is a plus.

MichaelP

BMW_CCA Blue Ridge Chapter

'71 1600

'71 2800CS

'73 3.0CS

'91 318ic

http://www.crismanpetrus.us