• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My MASSIVE brakes arrived!!!

TMK-001

I'm excited!

massive_todd.jpg

Mid last year I decided I wanted to get a brake kit of my 2002. After a bit of research I found there was only a few options and of them, most used second hand or referbished parts. I was not really interested in this as I like the piece of mind of having something brand new.

There was one clear winner in my mind...

I purchased and had a set of Lee's Massive Brakes having them shipped by sea... to my displeasure, Mr Canadian Post (or maybe Aussie Post) decided he wanted them more than I did.

After contacting Lee, he sorted everything out for me and had a replacement shipped airmail and they arrived days later. The product looks top quality and I cant wait to put them on my car!

Thanks to Lee for being open and honest in helping me when things went amiss with the postage and doing his best to rectify the situation. This is far more than can be said about another Canadian 2002 vendor who has not returned my email after "all he has to trade on is is integrity and quality" product failed QC. /me rolling eyes...

I am still trying to work out if I should get a new dual M/C from Wilwood or a BMW 745iL set up... any recommendations?

Cheers,

Todd

toddsig05.jpg

with your rears. If you leave drums in the rear, I'd suggest the E21 MC (two single lines to the front, one to the rear). I went to disks in the rear, and used the E23 (early 7 series) MC. Again two single lines for the front, one for the rear, but the rear is setup for disks (no check valve). Both MC's are the maximum piston diameter BMW offers

I don't have Lee's beautiful Massive brakes, but I'm using a similar sized Wilwood caliper on E21 vented rotors and VW Golf rear disks. My balance is nearly perfect without a bias valve.

Of course the Tilton dual MC's with a balance bar would be superior, it's just a huge amount more work. . . like they say. . . "Speed costs, how fast do you want to spend?"

Cheers!

John N

just do it todd. sign up for the massive rears and buy one m/c instead of having to buy another when you upgrade the rears. its only money

That's my pusherman.

He does the same thing to me.

you wanna be cool dont you? you want to belong right??

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

So talk me through it...

I desire a rear disk brake upgrade, but I want an eBrake (hand brake as we call them here) I was thinking of running a Wilwood M/C set up, but I dont know what I need exactly and what engineering is required to get it to fit. I had my brakes all rebuilt a few years back when my rear right drum shoe ripped off and destroyed the guts of it (I was driving in peak hour at the time and used my eBrake to stop me - lucky I knew what I was doing... kinda)

What is the benefit of the stabiliser bar? Has anyone done it to a car without a roll cage support running though below the dash?

Who knows where to get the best price on these items?

Todd

toddsig05.jpg