• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

megasquirt fuel inj.

bmdubracing

How easy depends on how much you need to learn. If you are a Mechanical/electrical genius then easy as. If you have access to a wreckers yard then even easier. I am about 1/2 way through now and I would say it has not been to difficult. just time consuming.

'Old Blu' the 1974 fjord BMW 2002.

"your my boy blu!"

Hey - give me a yell when you're done - I'd like to compare notes. I used a Link ECU with an e30 dizzy for "Inky"

How easy depends on how much you need to learn. If you are a Mechanical/electrical genius then easy as. If you have access to a wreckers yard then even easier. I am about 1/2 way through now and I would say it has not been to difficult. just time consuming.

Hey - give me a yell when you're done - I'd like to compare notes. I used a Link ECU with an e30 dizzy for "Inky"

Hey

good to see another kiwi.

What was the purpose in the e30 dizzy? I just about went link also! but at last minute changed my mind. What injectors have you used (did they come off of a common car found in new zealand)?

'Old Blu' the 1974 fjord BMW 2002.

"your my boy blu!"

how easy is it to install the system in a 2002 ,non-tii of course, is there a web site that sells the kit.

also if have a fuel injected motor do they make a turbo kit for it, and if they even do is there a web site that has them.

thanks for all the help, Kyle (bmdubracing)

www.msefi.com is your site. MegaSquirt is an "eductaional learning process" or something like that. It's a DIY (do-it-yourself) learning/education. It's not that hard and to answer some of your questions, first, there is not really a "kit" that is complete however check out 02again's website (www.02again.com). Tom's got a GREAT GUY and he's got adapter plates and a lot of the little things you'll need. I've been working with him (he's been kind enough to put up with me) to make the early e21 or tii manifold setup easy so just because it's not on his site doesn't mean it's not there. He can also make anything you would ever want.

The easiest thing to do is find an e30 318i and grab EVERYTHING. Intake, fuel rail, VERY IMPORTANT - water pipe that runs along the bottom of the intake manifold (steel bypass pipe), water neck, injectors, also grab an e30 in-tank fuel pump from an M42 (16V 4-cyl 318i) as well as an M20 325is throttle body, a TPS from a 1996 Hyundai Elantra and probably a few other things I missed.

The MS website is wierd. If it's in the archives they won't even reply to your posts. They get so much volume that they just ignore many of the beginner questions. I purchased from DIY AutoTune (www.diyautotune.com) and Matt Cramer has really good support and will take the time to help you. I'm building everything with a $10 soldering iron 15/30W combo from Radio shack. You don't need anything extravogant (spelling). MS can handle forced induction applications and all the info is in the MegaManual. Do a LOT OF READING and it will come. Plan on spending roughly $1,000 USD for the total thing installed and setup. Anything less and you're going to have to really watch every penny and do a lot of fabricating and electrical creating on your own. Search around here there are TONS of guys who have done this.

Sorry for the long winded reply. Hope that helps a little.

Best,

TJW

'79 & '80 Vespas, R75/6 + R90/6 (and a Triumph), '76 IH Scout II

E36 

'71 VIN: 2574356 - Nevada, Sunroof, RUST and a really nice '76

Hey

good to see another kiwi.

What was the purpose in the e30 dizzy? I just about went link also! but at last minute changed my mind. What injectors have you used (did they come off of a common car found in new Zealand)?

From memory they're 150cc injectors from a E30 318, they're really a bit small as I'm reaching 90% duty cycle at fun revs. I think Holden Commodore ones also fit and are a better size. I'm putting together a better engine so I'll have to upgrade them when I do that.

I use the E30 dizzy to give the ignition signal. I initially had the Link in a Corolla so it was set up for a reluctor style trigger.

Can't really help you on what to get the proper sized injectors out of in the cars down south, but when you do go junk yard hunting print this little baby out and take it with you.

http://users.erols.com/srweiss/tableifc.htm#BOSCH

Edited to add, I used 24#ers out of a VW Corrado G60. you end up with about a 3.0ms idle pulsewidth and they have plenty of room for even a hot cammed high compression 2002 motor.

Charlie Mac in Sacramento.

My Blog

I'm an كافر