• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Those with the ebay special seat belts...

robsanab

the ones from partstrain.com (aka, usautoparts.com) for 40+ bucks.

just installed them... two things I'm not sure about... they are kind of hard to describe and I don't think pictures would help... so bare with me...

1) The seat belt end that attaches at the same point along with the retractable device: Originally this end bracket was longer and pivoted freely from behind the retractable device, so as to adjust to the proper position when the seat belt is buckled (so that the belt fabric is not twisted). The new belt's end bracket is much shorter and the mounting hole is smaller so I can't use the original bolt with the shoulder on it, so as to make it pivot properly. For now I put some extra washers between the device and the seat belt end so as not to pinch the seat belt fabric and then positioned the seat belt end so that the belt is in the proper position when buckled and therefore not twisted.

2) The seat belt buckle: The attachment end is made to mount flush one way... but that positions the buckle to where the buckle button is on the INSIDE not on the outside as it should be. It works but doesn't seem right. When installed the other way, you can tell that the end is not flat up against the mounting point on the tunnel.

Make sense? So, those that have installed these... what was your experience?

what did yall do about these issues? I think mine is installed safely and they work slick, but I'm not totally pleased with either of these issues... would like to fix them if you have suggestions.

thanks a bunch in advance

Rob

Rob

1966 Mustang vert - 5.0EFI/AOD & mods

1975 '02 - the typical upgrades (my 'new' car)

• 1 month later...