• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

brake lines......

ryanOC

so i can get the oem lines for cheap.... $5 per line

should i just buy 4 of those (fronts), or should i look into braided / stainless ?

i'm thinking oem should be fine

But, though I've never had them myself, I here that stainless lines provide a firmer pedal feel. I wonder if they'd take up the slack for my old, useless and expensive-to-replace booster.

ClayW
1967 1600-2 - M42 - 1521145          Follow my project at www.TX02.blogspot.com          E30 DD Project Blog

so i can get the oem lines for cheap.... $5 per line

should i just buy 4 of those (fronts), or should i look into braided / stainless ?

i'm thinking oem should be fine

SS will last you a lifetime if you treat them well. OE will be good for a few years if you treat them well. It's all up to you and your wallet more than anything else. New OE lines are fine for everything but race/serious auto-x stuff.

I'd do all 6 rather than just fronts and rears - it'll be better that way. Adjust your drums & replace flex lines. New fluid and a good bleed with power bleeder will do wonders to the brake system.

'79 & '80 Vespas, R75/6 + R90/6 (and a Triumph), '76 IH Scout II

E36 

'71 VIN: 2574356 - Nevada, Sunroof, RUST and a really nice '76