• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who to turn to for S14 conversion in CA?

rmoto

its hard to place a finite $$ on the engine swap. it would depend on who is sourcing the engine / parts and if additional work is required prior to dropping i in. i had JP work on several other smaller projects in conjunction with the swap so the total is sort of rolled into the overall project. i like many others here am too afraid to tally up total cost.

terry

terry

75 - M2.5

74 - 3.0cs

I ran my stroker m10 on a dyno back to back with an s14 w/ conforti chip, the s14 (e30 m3) made 157 on the dyno. Not as much as you would think.

Well then that was a very very tired S14, thats not even up to stock numbers at the crank. A chipped healthy S14 should be putting at least 170-175.

Doesnt anyone do their own conversions anymore? Sheesh.

1990 325i

1976 2002

Try having two kids under 3 years old and then you will realize that spare time is hard to come by. Ideally I would like to do the work myself as it would be great to know first hand all the mechanics of my car, but I have family priorities and lack of space/tools.