• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

6 series rear seat cutout install pics 633 635 bucket seats

2002Targa

I tried to get as many tags in as possible for any searches. Here's some pix of the cutouts needed for the 6series rear seat install. This is how I did it, your install may vary. Even though you are taking a major chunk out of the shell, once installed, they are very comfortable and supportive. You cannot feel the wheel hump either. I don't have the center console, so I'm going to be making my own.

These were cut using a fiberglass cutoff wheel on a die grinder. I would HIGHLY recommend using a respirator when doing this, I was lucky enough to have a downdraft composite bench to work on. I cut mine from pics that Vintage_Car sent me of his install:

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,276317/highlight,rear+seats/

He cut slots in the top of the kick panel for the seat tabs to slid/screw into, My tabs were too far forward to cut slots so I just drilled holes and used sheetmetal screws. You'll also notice that his seats sit about an inch or so higher, I'm figuring that has to do with where you cut the tabs for the back panel. Or they're different year/model seats. You can see the slots that the tabs slide into, they hold it securely to the back and once the bottom tabs are screwed in, the seat is solid.

You can tell that the driverside seat cuts are a lot smoother, the pass seat was the testfit in and out of the car 20 times, cut here-cut there, nope, cut more...

Hope this helps someone.

TK

post-67-13667567712887_thumb.jpg

post-67-13667567715306_thumb.jpg

post-67-13667567717314_thumb.jpg

post-67-13667567719141_thumb.jpg

post-67-13667567720973_thumb.jpg

Life's a garden baby, dig it.

My web album

75 Fjord

73 RHD Targa