• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Red 2002tii on 20th Street in Washington, D.C.

Otis

Okay, must be my day for spotting 02s -- I go for months without seeing one around here, and then, two beauties in one day. The blue one below in the Kensington, Md. thread, and now, this evening, a beautiful '72 red roundie tii, D.C. plates, parked downtown D.C. on 20th Street outside the Layfayette Center (near Gold's Gym). I left a yellow post-it on your ride, under your wiper, asking you to post here. Hope to see you in Herdon. Your car is gorgeous.

I used to see a Roundie from the lane behind Douglas Street in DC. Every time I went to visit DC I would check it out. Last time I visited, it was gone. I should have followed up on that one.......

1974 2002 Chamonix

1974 2002 Tii

1975 2002 Polaris

1985 535i Diamantschwarz

My bet is that it was Ware Adams..long time CCAer...good guy...he has several Bimmers (two tii's). He lives in the heart of DC several blocks South of the Capital Bldg.

I don't think he's active on this list....

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"

It's mine. I bought it in the Spring and have had it in my garage for most of the summer. Brought it out from California and have the blue plates in the trunk. Glad you like it. I sure do. I don't know anything about Herndon.

Nice to meet you, JWM. Sorry to put the scotch tape on your windshield, but I didn't want the post-it to blow away. I work in Lafayette Center, 8th Floor, North One -- are you nearby? Also, come on out to Herndon and meet the gang -- great group of folks, great bunch of cars. There's even this one escapee in an orange jump suit and, well . . . long story, never mind.

As noted, your car is really, really pristine -- eveyone will enjoy seeing it.