• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tii manifold vs. stock on a 1600....

pecsok

Just ordered a set of new studs and bolts from Carl Nelson to reinstall the exhaust manifold on the 1600 head. Would installing the tii mainfold I scored recently be advisable on the 1600, since the larger ports wouldn't match the 118 head? Would the performance be noticeble over the stock manifold on the 1573cc motor? Should I just plug the 1600 manifold air ports and save the tii manifold for the 2002? I think I just answered my own question....

Jon-
1971 2002 Malaga- In the family since Dad bought it new
2003 530i- Daily beater
2007 R1200 GS Adventure- After work therapy 

I thought about the same thing with my former 1600, and with the exhaust manifold you should not have to worry about the port sizes not matching since the smaller ports are exiting gas into the larger ports on the Tii manifold. What really gives the 1600 problems is finding a intake manifold that has the proper port size like for adding dual 40DCOEs, its very difficult to find them. And if you use the common 2002 intake the ports don't match and have to be ground out to match up better. But this is not your issue, I digress...

My '67 has the early free-flow manifold from pre-smog pump days so I think it is similar in flow to the Tii anyway. Go ahead and use it on the 1600 until you need it for the 2002, unless its right around the corner or something then save it.

Jeff
1975 Alfa Romeo GT1300Junior w/1600 transplant (I'm still stuck on 1600's LOL)
2006 M3 White/Red - Orig Owner,6spd,ZCP, sunroof delete
SOLD 1967 1600 #1517644 "Florida"/Brown w/sunroof, SOLD 1968 1600 #1564660, RIP 1970 1600

Just ordered a set of new studs and bolts from Carl Nelson to reinstall the exhaust manifold on the 1600 head. Would installing the tii mainfold I scored recently be advisable on the 1600, since the larger ports wouldn't match the 118 head? Would the performance be noticeble over the stock manifold on the 1573cc motor? Should I just plug the 1600 manifold air ports and save the tii manifold for the 2002? I think I just answered my own question....

The exhaust port size is not close at all, and I would seriously recommend NOT using a 2L manifold on a 1.6 mill.

If you measure the 1.6 port size compared to the 2L manifold you will see how little sealing surface is actually there. The will be no performance increase unless you have a header that fits the 118 head to increase the flow... typically along with more fuel going in :P

HTH

BC