• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

i dont know what to do at this point, pump not getting power

i tested the fuel pump wires for power and it wasnt getting any so i was wondering if i could just ground out the ground wire and run a wire directly to the battery with an inline fuse, just like i did with my radio. acctually that would make the fual pump on constantly. how would i bypass it through my ignition switch? i dont know what to do

i tested the fuel pump wires for power and it wasnt getting any so i was wondering if i could just ground out the ground wire and run a wire directly to the battery with an inline fuse, just like i did with my radio. acctually that would make the fual pump on constantly. how would i bypass it through my ignition switch? i dont know what to do

Don't take this the wrong way, but if you don't understand how DC power (car electrics) works, you need to get that straight first before doing this repair- otherwise just pay someone to fix it, or at least get someone to help you who knows what they are doing. Sparks and gas do not mix.

You are right, you don't want the fuel pump straight-wired to the battery. You'll need to find a switched 12v+ wire to tap into and then just ground the 12v- wire (ground wire) to a good clean ground point.

But back up a minute, was this fuel pump working recently, or are you trying to install it from scratch??

Bret.

Are you closer to Smithfield or Benson?

I forget the name of the best BBQ place in Smithfield,.......something 'Lake. Got to stop in at J.R's and buy some cigars!

And who can resist "Mule Days"?

I've got an unc who lives in Smiffield and works at Johnston Tech.

Regards,

Randy Bryant

Elkton, VA

"To live life without belief is more terrible than dying...., even more terrible than dying young." Joan of Arc

"It is not a sign of good health to be well adjusted to a sick society." J. Krishnamurti