• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where to buy spools of wire?

johnhup

Hey John, maybe you can hit up some hobby stores that sell remote control cars and aircraft. They always seem to have good quality copper wire in different gauges and colors to suit you needs.

David G.

1976 BMW 2002 "Diana" Smog? What smog!!

1998 Nissan 200SX "Sayuki" Can't argue with 35 MPG!!

1987 Nissan 300ZX My Dad's old Z will soon be mine!!

when i rewired my datsun, I bought a bunch of 14-16 guage spools from waytek. Great customer service, and they have good TXL auto grade wire for reasonable prices. Way better quality than that crap at Kragen.

Its coming in handy now too now that I have to rewire the '02.

Aashish

1969 BMW 2002--I gotta finish this damn thing

1987 BMW 325is--S52 Monster

1975 Innocenti Mini 1001-- the most cost dense car ever!

1995 318ti

2004 BMW 330i ZHP

2004 Toyota Tacoma (gotta have something reliable!)--can't live without

Wire produced for use on boats is far better than anything you will find in any auto store. West has very good selectio of gauges, colors, and even bulkk rolls so you can custom cut your needed lengths. Marine spec wire is required to withstand greater demands than the junk at the local auto parts store. Prices are not bad. I only use marine grade wire and wire connections on my sailboat, as well as on my cars. Good luck. I suggest West because they have many locations and large on line catalogue. Any good marine supply store should suffice.

1971 Sahara, 1972 Inka tii with Alpina A4 Injection. Both cars have too many upgrades for the "signature" square. 1987 M325ic daily driver( all E30M3 except chassis).

I go to the Sausalito store, near 101. There is also a West Marine in Alameda/Oakland waterfront area, I think. They have an 800 number to direct you to nearest store. I am not familiar with the locaiton you referred to. But, I know they have several stores in the greater SFO area I have not used. ( I get used to 1 store's layout and staff and stick with it, plus Sausalito is closest to my house and boat). I wholeheartedly endorse West's Electrical department, especially the wire. It is all built to YBCA( or some such international quality spec acronym from England)levels. You can also get their catalogue( 5 bucks without purchase-free at store) and have the stuff UPS to your home. Try the website for nearest store. I have not needed to solder connections due to the great heat shrink end connections and to the various shrink tubing available from West. Good luck- I know you will be happy when you get to see what they have to offer in wire/wire component choices.

1971 Sahara, 1972 Inka tii with Alpina A4 Injection. Both cars have too many upgrades for the "signature" square. 1987 M325ic daily driver( all E30M3 except chassis).