• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

fuel pressure regulator

the day I bought my 2002 (4 years ago) the fuel pump died. (it was one of those stupid box/ ticker pumps) replaced it and it have run it on an unregulated pump ever since. Lots of upgrades later, I figured it might be time for a fuel pressure regulator. Looked at the replacement pump the other day and it said 10 PSI, thats no good for a single 45 DCOE. I put the fuel pressure regulator on today, and holy crap that just solved a whole host of problems. It idles better, doesnt die when it sits idling for too long, warms up faster, better lower end response, better throttle response, the revs catch up faster between shifts, and it's just faster all around too. If you are running an electric fuel pump with no regulator- this is a must do.

Another option - get an electric fuel pump with the correct output pressure for carbs vs. fuel injectors. This is the set-up I now run (I used to have an electric fuel pump and fuel presssure regulator combo).

I concur with the basics of the post though - with most electrical fuel pumps, you need to run a pressure regulator to get the right (lowered, not high) pressure to the carb(s).

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com