• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alpina Owners

jgmgti

Very interested in any Alpina 02s on faq.Any pictures,history,details would be most helpful....

jgmgti

1973 Malaga "ti"2.3 stroker,dual 45s,lots of Alpina content13x6 Superlites bilsteins,Petri Sport ,GTS Seats,Coco Mats,Old Man Style "Patina"....but the old Emily is Fast.

2010 GTI 200 H.P.,dsg ,18"wheels etc.modern daily driver.

this subject has been discussed ad nauseam before, but here we go again:

Alpina was a "tuner" during the 02 years, later it became a car "manufacturer" and was only then that they were able to place their own VIN in the BMW cars that they subsequently tuned!

To some, the real 02 Alpinas were only the ones tuned by Bovensiepen himself in Germany. Alpina sold ther tuning kits and parts to several authorized vendors in the US and Europe, and some "Alpinas" were thus created that way.

So first we have to debate wether or not the parts installed in Germany -due to perhaps the gentle hands of its creator - are more "original" Alpina than the ones he sold to others. Once you settle that, the second question is how many parts will it take to make a 2002 an "Alpina", certainly an Alpina shift knob is not enough, but what is it? Alpina itself sold different packages depending on how deep the owner's pocket were!.

Finally the third question is: who is qualified to answer questions 1 and 2???

FAQ Member # 91

Perhaps I should re-phrase my question.I was hoping to see some Alpina tuned, or Alpina equiped 2002s that are owned by members of faq.By the way there is a new book out on Alpinas by James Taylor.I recieved my copy from Green Mountain books in Vermont a couple of weeks ago.It seems to offer many historical facts, production numbers,specifications etc.

jgmgti

1973 Malaga "ti"2.3 stroker,dual 45s,lots of Alpina content13x6 Superlites bilsteins,Petri Sport ,GTS Seats,Coco Mats,Old Man Style "Patina"....but the old Emily is Fast.

BMW2002.co.uk has a lot of good info, and is run by a pretty cool chap, bloke, or whatever you call the Brits, English, deez days. Good site, great info. Alpinas are cool, but beware, real ones are expensive and clones are hard to build with the pig cheek flairs, etc, and would probably be nit-picked to death by the car show conisours. I like the looks of the Alpinas and the style, and a lot of people run dual side draft webers, and even the pig cheek flairs, and I also like the orange and black paint scheme of the Alpina racers. Enjoy.

http://www.bmw2002.co.uk/alpina.htm

BMW2002.co.uk has a lot of good info, and is run by a pretty cool chap, bloke, or whatever you call the Brits, English, deez days. Good site, great info. Alpinas are cool, but beware, real ones are expensive and clones are hard to build with the pig cheek flairs, etc, and would probably be nit-picked to death by the car show conisours. I like the looks of the Alpinas and the style, and a lot of people run dual side draft webers, and even the pig cheek flairs, and I also like the orange and black paint scheme of the Alpina racers. Enjoy.

http://www.bmw2002.co.uk/alpina.htm

Britwits.

1969 BMW 2002

1972 BMW 3.0 CS

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i

2007 Jeep Wranger X with all the trimmings

Perhaps I should re-phrase my question.I was hoping to see some Alpina tuned, or Alpina equiped 2002s that are owned by members of faq.By the way there is a new book out on Alpinas by James Taylor.I recieved my copy from Green Mountain books in Vermont a couple of weeks ago.It seems to offer many historical facts, production numbers,specifications etc.

jgmgti

Here's one I built a while back:

http://us.a2.yahoofs.com/users/43d636e8zfd6f77a5/ced2/__sr_/ad33.jpg?phAuRTEB5Cr9EqNN

http://us.a2.yahoofs.com/users/43d636e8zfd6f77a5/ced2/__sr_/1a16.jpg?phAuRTEBfMwXVRmc

Very Very nice.Thanks

jgmgti

If possible please post a few pix for me to drool over...

Thanks

jgmgti

I now own the 73tii sahara that schnell540 built a while back and have it on the east coast. I am going to drive up to V at V in a month, maybe I'll see you there.

Garry

Garry - how is that car. I miss it. I am close to getting the touring's new motor in and we'll see how it compares.....

Hey schnell540,

The car is doing well, currently residing in the garage on jack stands getting new motor mounts and exhaust studs. I've really missed the season down here to enjoy it, but I was able to sell my 67' Mini Cooper S to an enthusiast in Texas.

Glad to hear that the Touring is progressing.

Regards, Garry

03' Mini Cooper S

73 2002tii A4 (sold )

67 Mini Coooper S (sold 3/06)