• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Installing new carpet

rmoto

For someone who repeatedly (and I think generally accurately) posted about how she doesn't take offense and doesn't get into the name-calling, I am surprised at your last post.

I really can't see how that, in any way shape or form, could be intended to be "helpful" to a new 02 owner. Its just the same nastiness that you accuse everyone else of (whether they were or not is unimportant, because you hold yourself above the fray). nastiness perhaps but not from my side of the table...like i said in the last post....i've never been rude to larson...much less nasty....if i want'd to be nasty, you'd know it dude....hold myself above the fray...i think not...where larson's concern'd, i'm usually the brunt of it, which i can handle BTW, in case you haven't noticed....when have you seen me crying to daddy stevek about being mistreated here....lol....it could save someone from sending larson money and getting burn'd or it could save someone some time and money by giving them other vendors as options rather than the proverbial seams perfect that everyone gets immediately slapped with when they ask where to buy carpet....seams perfect isn't the only place that sells quality rugs/color]

Before you get your panties bunched up any more than they already are, I wasn't suggesting that YOU were the author of the "arguable nasty stuff" about Larson.....that's good to know...and FYI....i never get my panties in a knot....i don't wear them

As for hiding behind FAQ usernames - Esty is your real name? yes, esty's my name....it's not whether you use your real name or a bogus name but if you're known here as a regular poster, then you're crap for using another name to hide behind....but really it doesn't bother me, i'm just stating my opinions on the matter, i believe it's the same opinion shared by most members.....IMHO, you're a coward for not using your regular user nic...but it's your problem not mine

Well hell, let's all put our full names, addresses, and SSN on here so we can really know who is who. Who cares - my silly tag is just as known or anonymous as the next fellow. Get over it. i've never been bother'd by it...just responding to your crap...you did post to provoke a response, correct?....i'm just being friendly and giving one

Guest Anonymous

Too much information about the panties situation, by the way. :)

Just as an experiment, why don't we see what happens the next time someone asks for carpet and neither you nor "Al's lackey" (KSwiss) pipe up with an opinion. By now there should be plenty of users on one side or the other and with a variety of experience with other vendors. Let's see if you've made the positive impression that you think you have. Maybe you don't need to be the defender of all things anti-Larson b/c your point has been made?

Of course, you can do what you want, because nobody is going to stop you from giving your two cent opinion, but I was just curious to see if one carpet-related post could go without a fight.

Peace.

I have tried negiotiating and dealing with Esty Civilly. She knows that I will stop "bombing" her if she stops with her crap but she won't. I too am curious about your point of view. Are you coming to the Palo Alto swap and show because if you are I'd like to shake your hand.

If more power is better then way too much is just enough.

"Why do it once when you can do it thrice!"

I just received my new carpet set from SeamsPerfect and wanted to find out if others who have installed new carpet sets added carpet padding? If so, any recommendations would be appreciated (i.e., type, thickness, etc.).

Depends on if you're soundproofing as well... the soundproofing i bought on my deceased 02 was so thick i had to go with a lighter grade padding. Second set i got installed for me so I'm not sure what went in. I think you should have an underlay though. Probably fits without but, soo much cushier with it ;) better sound proofing too.

Let's see if you've made the positive impression that you think you have. Maybe you don't need to be the defender of all things anti-Larson b/c your point has been made?

Of course, you can do what you want, because nobody is going to stop you from giving your two cent opinion, but I was just curious to see if one carpet-related post could go without a fight.

hopefully, this is the end of our discussion...but i'm not anti-larson....more along the lines of pro choice and take exception to larson and a few of his lackeys selling him as the best in the business.....or the "carpet god"

if you'll do a little looking, you'll find a thread recently posted where someone was looking for larson, typical etc...i didn't say a word in the thread, didn't make a single post....yet when larson finally responded, he pointed to me as the culprit.....a very good example of people being blinded by pre or misconceptions....(larson, can't you scratch your ass without thing i caused the itch?)

and a final point, the more i'm told i can't, the more i will....if people would just accept my opinions as they do those of all others, there wouldn't be any of these little pissing matches...no one has to agree, but no one has the right to tell me i can't give an opinion either...believe me, i'm as tired of the crap as you and the others, but as long as i'm poked in the chest when i say anything, i'm in for the duration

and swiss....spam me all you want, by now, you probably know i closed that email address because of your harrassment