• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

about to rebuild Weber 32/36 - looking for helpful tips

Happy Face

I've come to the realization that my Weber 32/36 could do with a rebuild. I have no idea what its history is and the engine is running way too rich....

I've seen CD's and others Weber prescription and the recommendation for going to Pierce Manifolds to get the repair kit and gasket set. My carb is a DGAV 33B1. It appears to be an electric choke type (yes, I only receently found out that there were different kinds of chokes!).

Anyway, I understand that the rebuild is straightforward. I will also be getting the following, using the CD prescription:

Float Level 40mm

PRIMARY

idle 60

main 140

air correction 145

SECONDARY

idle 55

main 170

air correction 175

I tried calling Pierce but they are out (Presidents Day?). They have an online ordering system but I thought it would be better to talk to someone on the phone in case I bungled the order.

Anything I'm missing here?

thanks

(technically-challenged hack wanna-be 'O2 mechanic)

1972 2002
Verona Red "Happy Face"
VIN 2581641

1999 M Roadster Alpine White, 1999 M Coupe Alpine White

Get a Weber book, if you want some diagrams, but it's really straightforward. There's a lot of stuff online if you google.

Make sure you get the right kit for the numbers on your carb.

There's jameng.com and carburetion.com also.

'76 2002 (Sold)

2002 Subaru WRX Wagon (at least it's a 2002)

could not get a hold of Pierce so called Top End Performance instead.

Ordered the parts, but they also recommended strongly a 60 idle jet for both primary and secondary, whereas CD recommends 55 for the secondary....so I got both (extra 6 bucks)

1972 2002
Verona Red "Happy Face"
VIN 2581641

well, there is a stamp on the driver side of the carb, down at the bottom...it says DGAV and in some bigger letters next to it it says 33 B 1....

I have no idea what the 33 or the B or the 1 refer to.

I've talked to a club member (another O2 owher) here in Houston and he tells me that the "A" in DGAV designates "aqua", meaning Water Choke.

The thing is, there are no water lines coming in anywhere to this carb. There is only a single electric wire hooked to the round, cream-colored plastic piece on the valve-cover side of the carb.

Could it be that the carb was modified to be an electric choke? On the other hand, there are a few loose wires coming out the same wire bundle as the single wire that hooks to the plastic solenoid.

Yes, I'm clueless

1972 2002
Verona Red "Happy Face"
VIN 2581641