• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone have a bullet proof fix for the shift linkage?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Do you have a permanant / bullet proof cure for the somewhat vague and troublesome shift linkage? PLEASE let me know what you have come up with or who sells a cure for this "common cold"

Thanks, Jim

jimfroula@yahoo.com

Guest Anonymous

I have a lot of shifter buzz, despite all new bushings, recent trans. mount, etc. Anyone else have the same problem? Also, what short shift kits work well? I'm looking to avoid the notchy feel that plague so many aftermarket kits.

Guest Anonymous

I have a lot of shifter buzz, despite all new bushings, recent trans. mount, etc. Anyone else have the same problem? Also, what short shift kits work well? I'm looking to avoid the notchy feel that plague so many aftermarket kits.

As the others have said, if you replaced all the wearable rubber and bushings it will come together well. One more thing that DOES make a difference is that round foam pad. It needs to go UNDER the trans tunnel, not on top. By putting it under, it snugs up the linkage assembly tight against the sheet metal (the tunnel) and takes away any remaining sloppiness.

I had a repair shop install a tranny for me a few weeks ago and when the put the linkage back on, they put the foam pad on top (inside the car) where it does no good. I put it back under and it and it made a big difference.

1972 2002
Verona Red "Happy Face"
VIN 2581641

1999 M Roadster Alpine White, 1999 M Coupe Alpine White