• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what are the performance advantages of a tii exhaust header?

Happy Face

i don't believe that is a stock tii header... it looks like a nice piece though

i believe this is stock tii manifold

i'll let others chime in with benefits, but i think i'd go with the header over the manifold for performance

DSCF0041.jpg

tii-manifold-top.jpg

tii-manifold-back.jpg

1969 2002 Automatic "Pumpkin"

That is an aftermarket POS header, not anything you want. The difference from a stock "exhaust manifold" vs a "Tii manifold" are simple...Tii does not have the smog/emission crap and flows better.

What you see on eBay is an aftermarket header (manifold/downtube combo) that is not real nice. If you want to go full one "header", Stahl Headers is my recomondation. Otherwise go with the Tii manifold, available new (repoduction) from Maximillian.

That is my opinion, and I stand by it!

Neil in PA

"The bus came by and I got on That's when it all began"

See Neil in PA for why tii manifold is better than stock. More interesting is why tii is better than tubing header. I see three aspects to consider; size of tubing, obstruction of flow, and weight. I'm just a body guy, but after seeing the surprisingly sloppy fit of header to head port interface, tii manifold must be better. It can be shaped (ported) to fit the head ports precisely. Is saving a few pounds better than free flowing exhaust? Where's the proof that headers are best?

Not trying to hjack this thread, but are used headers, even Stahl, any good, considering the thin metal they are made from ? Just today I saw a Stahl header from a tii that was being parted out. The header was rusty and had a small rust hole in the collector where all the tubes joined. I considered picking it up, cleaning the rust off and attempting to fix the hole, but wasn't sure after all the effort, whether I could repair that hole at all or if further rust won't eat up the header in other areas.

Bhima