• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M10 Xmas present

john_a

Here's what I got delivered today, still new in the box from BMW.

This was an extra engine leftover from a lot purchased for testing.

Remember those oil company ads that showed the 4 cyl engine with 100K mi and no wear at teardown? They bought a lot of BMW M10 engines to do that, at least one more than they used!

e1_1.JPG

It's an E30 M10 (1985). See the pic in the first post shows the cast AL oil pan.

I won't have time to get inside it for a few months, but I'm sure it will be fine.

I found nothing at all wrong with insides of the other long-term stored M10 I pulled from my E21 (which was stored since 1978, with only 1052 miles on it.) I kept the drivetrain from that barn find E21 and sold it as a roller on ebay recently. Check this out - the guy who bought that E21 lives one mile away from me, and still has his original 77 E21 (same Topaz Brown color as mine!). Perfect buyer for a low-mileage roller!

This pic is the E21 M10 (see the stamped steel pan, shaped different than the 02 pan.)

post-687-13667560902139_thumb.jpg