• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

One more question

Rob7502

one camp says that the stock pump will feed twin sidedrafts, ala the ti , the other says that the pump won't flow enough fuel when you stomp hard on it.

i chose the latter side and used a mechanical pump from an e6/9 to feed my weber 45's. i run it up to redline and the carbs are never thirsty. maybe the fuel sender is partially blocked allowing only a small steady flow to the engine? before doing something irrational check that you have the three basics, fuel, air and spark. good luck!

mike r

does it rev all the way to redline with no load meaning when stationary then won't go past 3500 with load? if yes it is a fuel supply or ignition problem. the carbs would be your last place to look at, not unless the floats are way off and you are straving for fuel.

I've got an extra electric fuel pump that the guy who sold me the car gave me. Have no idea what psi it's rated at. You can have it for free if you want it. Just give me your address and I can mail it from my office.

Current: 1974 BMW 2002, 2004 VW R32, 2009 Infiniti FX35, & VW Eurovan Camper

Previously: 1970 BMW 2002, 1996 VW GTI, 1984 VW GTI, 1984 GTI