• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question for those m20 turbo 02ers out there: What rear end?

Jason

i am looking for a m20 motor for my 2002 rally car.

do you have one around you would like to sell?

know where one is cheep. i can't turbo as per

the class rules. i am looking for somone who

has some parts cars .

i am in amarillo

alex

US M20's are either 2.5 or 2.7 but each have distinctive performance characteristics. You can make a "stroker" by combining parts and get the best of both worlds, at least in theory. The eta lower end with the i upper end gives a higher revving 2.7 but the crank isn't forged and you loose a lot of compression. There are other piston combinations that can be used but you get the drift. I used a 524 forged crank and +1 custom pistons to get 2.8 (rounded up a tad)in both my cars. Beyond that your really looking at using other bmw cranks and adding quite a few $$.

The rear end from the e30 handles 300 hp fine while that seems to be the point at which the e21 diff turns into a grenade. I've been putting 330hp, 430tq through my e30 diff without any problems in my e30 and that diff has similar characteristics (same style flanges) as the stock so it wouldn't be terribly hard to do the swap with some mounting fab work.

1974 2002 rally car http://bcdracing.com//pics/rally/rally.html

1969 1602 parts car, need anything off her?

1984 318

2002 golf TDI "krolic"

I have also looked into that but it seems like a pain. I will get the car on a lift next to an E30 in a couple weeks. That was my plan too, so I may try to get it to work. Either that or get a 3.64 Cryo'ed and hope that holds the power. We shall see!

Hey Curtis have you tried a 3.45 or .25 yet? I think you'll be happier with one of these. When your turbo kicks in you won't have to shift as soon.

Plus they can handle a little more HP. Just a thought.

i am looking for a m20 motor for my 2002 rally car.

do you have one around you would like to sell?

know where one is cheep. i can't turbo as per

the class rules. i am looking for somone who

has some parts cars .

i am in amarillo

alex

Alex,

I don't have anything but I can look around. We have a good salvage that usually always has at least a few cores that would be good for rebuild laying around. If your interested, shoot me an email and I'll take a look for a motor the next time I am out hunting for parts. iflytii at gmail dot com

74 tii m20 stroker 2.8 turbo (2 more cylinders coming soon)

87 s52 powered 325"e"s

05 2500HD for Towing

99 M Coupe

01 525it