• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Break Booster Question ...

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hey guys I wanted to know if anyone has an Idea why my brakes still feel spongy. I bled them 3 times and It still feels like I have air in them. I did re-do the steel lines but I donno what the heck the sequence of the lines were. Can anyone help me out? I have a 71 I think. It has dual piston calipers (two lines going to each side in the front) and single lines going to the back. Any Ideas,pictures anything????

Bleed the servo first. Then rears, RHS first (bottom then top), then fronts RHS. On the fronts outer lower then inner lower and top. Job Done.

Try pumping the brakes now, if the pedal firms up after a few pumps you still have air in the line. I pressure bleeder is recomended (30psi max) or if you dont top up the fluid enough you are adding air as you bleed. Its really a 3 person job - one at the wheel, one at the pedal and one topping up the fluid. Good luck with it Beaner7102.

1971 - 2002 RHD VIN 1653940. Agave (stock with Pertronix & 32/36 Weber) - "Cactus"

1972 - 1602 RHD VIN 1554408. Fjord (with 2L motor, 5spd & LSD - Weber 40/40 to come) - "Bluey"

1984 - E30 318i VIN WBAAK320208722176 - stock daily driver