• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

the barage of questions begins= P

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

see this is what u all get for replying so swiftly... more questions!!! haha just kidding. please keep answering !! = I First off I was wrong it is a 32/36 weber, i was simply looking at some other numbers i now remember seeing on a spitfires 32/36 along time ago and pondering their meaning... bringing me to a couple quesitons.. the carb was rebuilt by a shop 3 months ago, and sounds great... i mean the engine was supposedly overhauled 3 years ago as well,. and really the car sounds new... however, when i stomp on it, it picks up right away, and then feels like it hits a roadblock between 15 and 30 mph.... is this normal, or could the carb need adjusting?I remember my fathers spit with the same carb being a bit of a rocket, with the only lag comeing from ocassional flooding. If I keep the car long enough I will likely go to dual 40's but for now i would like to know the best tricks in gettin power out of the 32/36....

k one more question, I checked out the vin number page one of you linked me too, and here is the sticky bit... their are possibly two vins... since the drivers door was replaced... Am I correct in assuming the number under the hood following Fahrgest Nr. is the Vin number? the engine has the number 1342 on it, how can one check to see if the engine is matching?? ok maybe that was more than one question.. vrooom squeal.. !

correctly. VIN plate is in a number of places. Under hood on the passenger side. Steering column, others? A properly tuned engine will not lag between 15 and 30 mph. Do an archive search for CD's prescription for a 32/36. Also set timing with a timing light.

cmp

the engine has the number 1342 on it, how can one check to see if the engine is matching??

1342 is the firing order on the top of the valve cover. The engine number is a 7 digit # stamped on the back of the block near the starter. If its the origional motor it will be the same as the VIN on the chassis. Beaner7102

1971 - 2002 RHD VIN 1653940. Agave (stock with Pertronix & 32/36 Weber) - "Cactus"

1972 - 1602 RHD VIN 1554408. Fjord (with 2L motor, 5spd & LSD - Weber 40/40 to come) - "Bluey"

1984 - E30 318i VIN WBAAK320208722176 - stock daily driver

Here's the #'s of my '69.

On the frame, on the passenger side, near the VIN plate:

VINFrame.jpg

The VIN plate:

VinPlateandColorSticker.jpg

The steering column:

VINSteeringColumn.jpg

Finally, on the crankcase.. it's hard to see. No pic of this. but there's a number stamped in the case.

~Vroomer

1969 BMW 2002

1972 BMW 3.0 CS

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i

2007 Jeep Wranger X with all the trimmings

Guest Anonymous

was assembled on 4 Feb 1969, and was the 40th US "second series" (with 4 piston calipers, short neck diff, 1969 emission equipment etc) 2002 built. Yours is the second closest to mine I've spotted. Someone on the board has 166473x, one of the last first series '69s...

cheers

mike

• 6 years later...