• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bring on the orange!

6 minutes ago, popovm said:

looks great! I can't recall from your last thread. Are you just blending the paint where you made repairs or full repaint? 

I am paint lower part of door below the trim all the way.Also the entire front right fender. I am not a pro painter and have painted several cars but never any partial cars.It seems that blending single stage isnt a thing either at least what I could find so I looked for best mask off points like trim etc to paint the entire section. Its single stage acrylic urethane from TCP Global. I've used it many times before and I like it. Paint match I cant tell at this point.I just shot the fender with primer this morning and will shoot color tomorrow.Hopefully its ok. Im not holding out for total factory match and I'm sure as heck not painting the entire car.

• Like 1

'67 Derby Grey VW Beetle

'76 Inka BMW 2002

Wait, what? Yes you can blend a single stage urethane paint. Easiest way is to use a blending solvent (UPOL, SEM) if you’re new to this. Google blending urethane single stage. You’ll find tons of info. I’ve done it using a blending solvent, and sanding back and coating. The blending solvent method will be easier for you if you’re new to painting. Either way you’ll be color sanding/buffong/polishing. 

I'm not new to painting but new to blending. Well it's done anyway. I looked on YouTube didn't see much. No worries. I'm done. May play around with experimenting with blending scraps after I'm done with this car.

'67 Derby Grey VW Beetle

'76 Inka BMW 2002