• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Source for 4 speed Clutch Fork Ball Pin/pivot?

Does anyone know of a source for the ball pin, or clutch fork pivot (BMW part number 21511202467) that is inside the bellhousing of the 4 speed Getrag transmission?  It's NLA from BMW or anyone else that I can find.  I'll take new or good used, or ideally, just the plastic cap.     Early modtels (up to '72) were all steel, and late models had a plastic cap over a metal stud.  The plastic cap on my '76 has cracked (see pic).  I've searched the archives, with no luck.  I know that Ireland and others list a brass one for the 2002, but that is to replace the plastic one in a 5 speed (if you've done a 5 speed swap).  It won't work with a 4 speed.

Alternatively, I have a 4 speed with the metal pin in another transmission (has a bad 2nd gear synchro.  I think these are interchangeable, but I don't know how to remove them.  I destroyed one trying to remove it from a junk transmission that (had been outside for years).  Based on how stuck that one was, I can't fathom how you'd get out just the stud.

IMG_6432.jpeg

Not that this is likely to help, but before all this plug n play minded engineering and repair. People could machine a part on a lathe like that in about 15 mins. 

see tag line below 

Edited by conkitchen

But what do I know

37 minutes ago, conkitchen said:

Not that this is likely to help, but before all this plug n play minded engineering and repair. People could machine a part on a lathe like that in about 15 mins. 

see tag line below 

Not so far fetched, that is my backup plan.  My dad repaired clocks as a hobby, and had a small unimat metal lathe, which I knew how to use (~45 years ago).  Dad's gone now, and the lathe is at my brother in law's, who is out of town. 

3 hours ago, Buckeye said:

@Sam_in_VA, I experienced same situation with mine back in 2014 and fellow member offered me a new one. Here is picture of communication and contact info.

Thanks, I'll pursue this route