• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB: Battery tray for 1973 Tii

JsnPpp

Looking for a battery tray for my 1973 Tii.  Let me know what you have!

Thanks,

Jason

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   + --> Need an Alpina A4 tuning guide? PM me!

• 2 weeks later...

I need one too, but am likely going to have to build one from a non-tii bolt in type.  The tii battery tray welds in and is shorter vertically than a non-tii to clear the master cylinder brake lines.  It also fastens with the battery hold down at the rear, rather than the side to better clear the alternator.  My strategy is to create a bolt in tray for a tii by hacking up a non-tii tray to the correct dimensions and locate the battery hold down to the rear of the tray.  That’s my plan at least…

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/17/2022 at 6:20 PM, EricA said:

I need one too, but am likely going to have to build one from a non-tii bolt in type.  The tii battery tray welds in and is shorter vertically than a non-tii to clear the master cylinder brake lines.  It also fastens with the battery hold down at the rear, rather than the side to better clear the alternator.  My strategy is to create a bolt in tray for a tii by hacking up a non-tii tray to the correct dimensions and locate the battery hold down to the rear of the tray.  That’s my plan at least…

I like it! I may end up doing the same thing.

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   + --> Need an Alpina A4 tuning guide? PM me!

On 11/17/2022 at 5:18 PM, ray_ said:

tii batteries belong under the back seat. Trays belong in your neighbor's pool.

:D

Sorry!

:D

Missed this! (well, I didn't really miss it bob).

🙂

I actually have it relocated in the back and want to move it back up front only with a bolt in tray 👍