• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Headlight bucket

Fernando Macan

I have on here, but I don't know if it is for the right or left side.  Looking at the back of the ones installed on my car, I do not see a difference between them.  They both look like the extra one I have.

How can I tell if the one I have is for the driver's side?  I don't see a part number on it anywhere.

Tom

It has a few issues, such as missing one of the four mounting studs, a rusty spring that needs replacing, some rust at the bottom of the bucket, zip ties holding one of the threaded blocks in place and the other threaded plastic block has stripped threads.  Otherwise, it seems pretty straight.

image.thumb.jpeg.d1ff3c437b1ee4f8544f815b5e373c09.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.bb9117065862f22fced1d1770427cb47.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.d04f2bc050cdb98faf67e48e8654d6e7.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.0870942a06bbff922ded14b1bc9412a1.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.2d3c07f4b13fd313f90b3993cc1b5828.jpeg

41 minutes ago, Fernando Macan said:

do you have the ring to hold the light?

I thought I did, but only two of the screw tabs line up with the bucket, so it must be a left over VW beetle part.  Sorry.  (Otherwise, it is in very nice condition.  Darn it).

This is the alignment problem, with the other two holes lined up.  (edit-- it looks taller than the BMW part too, I believe).

image.thumb.jpeg.f6d5a209e82d7011e95bf9b5458be324.jpeg

Does $40 plus shipping seem out of line for a part that needs some work?

I can drop it in the mail today if that seems reasonable and you are able to pay with PayPal.

Tom

P.S. I also have two of the chrome adaptor rings to fill in around the bulbs behind the grilles.

image.thumb.jpeg.2681d11ed501ae47b2f4d3ea06d756f0.jpeg

Edited by '76mintgrün'02

You're welcome, Ferdinand.

I am very sorry to see what happened to your car.  I'd be happy to send you this bucket for free, if you'll cover the shipping cost.  Then all you'll need to find is the keeper ring. 

This one is for sale on eBay and has the ring included.

s-l400.jpg
WWW.EBAY.COM

Nice used condition. Headlight untested.

Thank you for steering me towards RichenFamous' wanted post.  I'll reply to it now.

Tom