• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73 Tii Carpet Material

Tbone1209

Hi folks-

I've got this stain in the rear of my otherwise super clean Touring and though I believe the carpet material to be partially wool, I wanted to see if someone out there knew for sure. I've tried a few less aggressive approaches to removing the stain with little to no luck. I believe it's been there for a long time. I thought it may be a rust stain but that proved incorrect. Before I attack it more aggressively I wanted to confirm the material.

1789150931_Carpetstain.thumb.jpg.1625b878b1e32dc191b02fafbc20547b.jpg

So simple hydrogen peroxide didn't reall work as well as I'd hoped so after looking at some videos, I used a suggested mixture of Dawn, hydrogen peroxide to get the stain wet and scrubbed a bit to get the stain fully saturated. Then I powdered the top of the stain with baking soda and pushed it around with my fingertips until it was a paste and ground into the stain. I let that sit for 15 mins, cleaned it up and did it once more and the stain is completely removed! The fibers did get a bit ruffled from all the scrubbing over the years but the stain is gone and it's not nearly as noticeable. 20220727_180256.thumb.jpg.d4ece4238f74fcff992320c8ba925f4a.jpg

• Like 1

I just used this on the same carpet in my 2002 on some dirt stains, came out great. I also used it to remove a condensation stain on the headliner carpet in my 2006 Sprinter and it worked great. spay on and used a lintless cloth rag to rub with

34910975_4_1000.jpg

Edited by joebarthlow
  • Like 1

1974 BMW 2002 (Polaris > Sienabraun)