• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lower covers

Myinka

Price: $100

Description:

Hello forum readers, with the unavailability of lower covers, 2,3,8 and 10. I have prototyped these with some temporary tooling in  1/8 thick ABS. I am trying to gauge if there is any interest for me to refine tooling and possibly produce these for the general population. If yes, I will refine tooling an could be ready by end of summer. Pricing yet to be determined, 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

I definitely think there would be a bit of interest.  Most of the original panels have come to the end of their useful life.  Here are two competitors to get an idea of quality and pricing:

SHOP.COUPEKING.COM

Lately, we’ve become unable to find nice enough original parts for this application. Necessity is the mother of...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/394050432863?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=helKqbVNQ56&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=LbO37BJ3Rw-&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

• Like 1

Karl B.

1974 2002tii Malaga ("Conrad") -->> Conrad's Restoration Blog

2003 330i ZHP 6-spd

2011 328i xDrive

So I did see both of these. The one from coup king, seems seems like vinyl applied to the backing material. The eBay one, since there were no back pictures appeared very thin. Just my observations. The 1/8 inch thick ABS was the choice for that reason. Additionally I want something that would not absorb any moisture. I still have to refine the edge work in the production ones since I only cut and filed the edges. The backs do not have any “foam”on them since the goal is to keep away from the “sponges”. Folks can add what they like, dynamat.image.thumb.jpg.0a466a485ed648c856e0e8c6e03096bb.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.c7fcf2c0905557548a683df88ff6d822.jpg

• Like 1