• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trunk floor replacement panel

EricA

Hello All - I’ve just acquired a new to me 1973 bmw 2002tii in need of trunk floor replacement as a result of an old rear collision.  As far as I can determine, Max and MVP both have reproductions and it appears that BMW parts are NLA.  Are there any differences between these and has anyone had good/bad experience with fit up?  Thanks - Eric

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, progress has been slow and I don’t expect to get it installed until late June.  I can say that the MVP part looks nice and seems to have all the correct details.  Also, as I posted earlier, I think that MVP may be the only part available (aside from NLA OEM).  I ordered from W&N and they sent an MVP trunk floor.  At this point, I can recommend and don’t see any reason I’ll have problems with fitment.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I sure did.  I thought the fit was reasonably good, only requiring minor fitment modifications to my car.  However, only later did I discover that the spare tire hold down stud is a smaller diameter than original.  The lug nut is supposed to thread onto it to retain the wheel.  If this is important to you, be sure to keep your old part and replace the MVP stud and perch it's threaded into with the old OE part.

Good to know, I have a 74 tii, I’m curious if there will be any fitment issues. I have seen a few trunk floor panels that say they only fit up to the 73 model year, so I’m curious if the MVP one is the same. Their website says it fits all years so I wonder how that’s possible if others say only up to 73. I’ll probably reach out to MVP directly. Thanks for the feedback

Awesome, I really appreciate the info. It looks like you also replaced the tailight panel? I’m starting to see evidence that my car may have been hit in the rear so I’m thinking it might be in my best interest to replace that as well, the bumper mounts have a lot of damage to them