• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New dash cover

Georges

Just got my Palco Industries dash top cover from carparts.com. It's pretty hard plastic but has a stock texture and is way better than my old cracked dash (even after I spent many hours trying to fix the cracks). If you are into car shows this isn't for you, but it was under $100. The best part is it doesn't have a cut-out for the fasten seat belt warning. I won't be able to mount it for a few months since I'm in the middle of a F22C swap and total restoration. My car is a 1973 and this is advertised for a 1975/76 (so why no seatbelt warning?). We'll see how easily it fits.

dash 1.jpg

dash 2.jpg

dash 3.jpg

Edited by Georges
  • Like 2

engine small.jpg

Looks good.
The seat belt warning is a North America thang. Most of the rest of the world did not have these. Leave it off. Looks so much cleaner, as the father land intended, etc

1976 02 in Granatrot Met. m42, 5sp. - Greta

• 7 months later...

Finally got to the point where I can install this by siliconing it down. (Note, I've swapped in a F22C from a Honda S2000 so I had to regrettably use the speedometer since the ECU requires it. Your gauges will look different - and better).

On the whole I'm really happy with it. It's nice and tight all over including the lower areas. It's so thin that most people won't notice. My dash was trashed from the E. WA sun. It was super easy and could probably be done with the windshield in. One thing to be aware of, I wiped a few places with alcohol and the black paint came off. If I was doing it again I would strip all the paint and then repaint with a harder black paint. 

dash 10.jpg

dash 11.jpg

dash 13.jpg

dash 12.jpg

Edited by Georges
  • Like 2

engine small.jpg

I did my 1974 2002 dash with the same product, and I am pleased with the result. I did mine with the dash and windshield out, which made it easy to do. I was concerned that I would have trouble with installing the instrument cluster, but no problem at all.

655_large_image.png
WWW.DASHTOP.COM

Dash Cover for 1968 - 1976 BMW 2002 | Dashtop by Palco Industries

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...