• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB engine in southern California

socal73

Pretty sure my block is cracked. Looking for a good motor I can drop in and drive. Nothing special or rare, just not something that is a leaking/smokey mess.  Maybe you upgraded your drivetrain and have an engine taking up room in your shop? Maybe you are parting out a rusty or salvage car? Let me know what you got.  I have some cool parts to trade if you prefer that to cash. I just want to drive my car.  Thanks.

1974 Turkis -rusty

1974 Fjord -basket case

1954 GMC 100

2002 325it 5 speed sport wagon

Ideally, as low as possible. I have seen some in the range of $500 to $1500 over the last few months, and would like to stay in that range(of course the cheaper the better). Im not looking for anything fancy, just prefer it didn't smoke or leak. Really could get by with a long block, since I have a running engine now, and can swap the parts over to the transplant. I have a few leads currently, but they aren't local and i'm exploring possible options before I pull the trigger. Thanks.

1974 Turkis -rusty

1974 Fjord -basket case

1954 GMC 100

2002 325it 5 speed sport wagon

I have a disassembled motor that was being rebuilt but stalled  It has a completely redone head in a plastics bag the block has been bored and it has new pistons and bearings  Needs rings  a gasket set and chains an oil pump etc to put together a complete rebuilt motor  I will part with what I have for $1,200   I'm in North County San Diego