• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Introducing Farnoush Engineering - Big Brake Kits

BeEmVee2002

Price: $1350

Description:

Hello everybody, I'm starting this for sale thread in order to introduce our new Big Brake Kit and to answer any questions and provide updates on new products along the way. These kits started out as a side project for me and after quite some time of development I'm excited to release a limited production run for the 2002 community. All of our machined components are CAD designed and CNC machined here in Southern California. I have listed some of the main features of the kit components below: 

-262mm Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors

-Wilwood Forged Billet Dynalite Internal Calipers: the next generation enhancement of the Dynalite series calipers; designed with a single split bridge and spacer-less construction with improved overall strength and performance.

Caliper Option 1: Caliper Pistons are the correct diameters to be used with the E21 Master Cylinder. We do not sell or offer the E21 master cylinder. The calipers for the option will be offered in the following finishes: Grey Anodized, Black or Red Powder Coat Finish

Caliper Option 2: For those who are looking to retain the stock 2002 master cylinder, this option allows for an easy install. Calipers will come with the correct piston diameters matched for use with the stock 2002 master cylinder. You will not be required to change over to an E21 master cylinder and will not have to worry about bending or re-routing lines. calipers can be ordered in either black or red powder coat finish.

- Wilwood PolyMatrix Q Compound Pads - Ceramic based street formula for low dust and noise.

- 7075-T6 Aluminum Hubs (non-tii spindles) offering stronger mechanical properties the 6061-T6. 

Our Hubs feature 4x100 and 4x114.3 Dual Bolt Patterns. Allowing more wheel choices and the ability to run those beautiful old school JDM wheels that were mostly 4x114.3 bolt pattern (SSR, Epsilons, Riversides, Advan, etc.). Eliminating the need to use wheels adapters or re-drilling hubs. 
    Hubs will come with the Wheel Bearing Races pressed in for ease of end-user installation
    The Wheel Mounting surface on our hubs provide 1/4" offset from the Fender Lip compared to stock. This allows greater clearance to the Fender Lip when running lower offset wheels.
    Using the provided 1/4" spacers will place the wheels in a stock mounting position.

- 3D CAD designed and CNC machined Caliper Mounting Brackets- Anodized Gold

- Stainless Steel braided Teflon brake lines

- All mounting hardware and fittings included

- This kit WILL fit under most 13" alloy wheels

Please visit www.farnoushengineering.com and follow us on Instagram @farnoushengineering

Cheers!

Cyrus Farnoush

cfarnoush@gmail.com

20210308_201152.jpg

20210308_201735 (2).jpg

20210308_201847.jpg

Edited by BeEmVee2002
  • Like 4

I like this kit primarily because of the dual bolt patterns. I'm having a hard time finding a vintage three piece mesh wheel in 4x100 so that would be a huge selling point for me.

Can you point out the main differences between this kit and the 13" Wilwood kit from Ireland Engineering (aside from the dual drill hubs and rotors)?

Also it looks like these are single line, how does that work if choosing the stock 02 piston diameter and retaining a stock master cylinder that is set up for a dual line system?

Thanks for your interest. Our kits utilize slightly larger rotors that are more readily available from a Honda Civic SI. Our Hubs are CNC machined from 7075-T6 Aluminum which are very light but offer stronger mechanical properties than 6061-T6. Furthermore, the Rotor is located and fastened with big M12x1.5 Socket Head Cap screws behind the Hub similar to the original 2002 wheel hub/rotor configuration. Placing the rotor behind the hub allows the rotors to retain their original bolt pattern so no re-drilling will be required when replacing the rotors or swapping wheels of different bolt patterns.

Yes, this is a single line kit. The calipers offered in Option 2, will be correctly sized to work in conjunction with the stock 2002 Master Cylinder Bore diameter and stock 2002 pedal ratio. In order to make this a clean and easy install with the 2002 Master Cylinder, we eliminate/remove the hard lines on the front circuit of the MC, retaining only the rear line at the bottom port with the Residual Valve (if equipped). The 2 ports that have been eliminated on the front circuit of the MC will be plugged with the provided inverted flare plugs. The calipers are then fed with the remaining 2 hard lines on the rear circuit of the MC. This splits the front and rear brakes on 2 separate servos. We have run our cars with both configurations and the pedal feel and pedal distance is equivalent. 

You can also refer to our Instructions on our website. They are located at the bottom of the product page. 

Edited by BeEmVee2002

Do you have photos of your kit installed on a car? 

I'm curious the smallest diameter wheel you can run with either set up, and if the caliper sticks out past the face of the hub. 

These are two very important details for me. 

Thanks

some cars

some motorcycles

some airplanes

some surfboards

No problem, wasn't really sure what you were looking for. Would you like to see the back of the hub bare or with the rotor mounted? I can take additional pics later today. Let me know. The strut/coilover design will be available soon. It features the use of Koni 8611 double adjustable (compression and rebound) dampers. 

Here's a photo of the front and rear faces of the Hubs. We chose 7075-T6 since it's able to match most of the steel alloys in strength. The 7075 AL also has almost double the yield strength of the 6061-T6 which is the standard material for most other aftermarket hubs. The hubs feature a very thick mounting surface that provides superior strength/rigidity. As of now, we have subjected our kits to mostly spirited canyon driving.  

20210322_163125.jpg

1 hour ago, BeEmVee2002 said:

Here's a photo of the front and rear faces of the Hubs. We chose 7075-T6 since it's able to match most of the steel alloys in strength. The 7075 AL also has almost double the yield strength of the 6061-T6 which is the standard material for most other aftermarket hubs. The hubs feature a very thick mounting surface that provides superior strength/rigidity. As of now, we have subjected our kits to mostly spirited canyon driving.  

Were these actually engineered and at least simulated?  No offense but, the mounting surface is not the ares that needs the most strength. The area where the bearing gets pressed into needs the strength. I have made many hubs out of 7075. Many that had way more material in certain areas than yours and they still cracked, I would be very concerned with the barrel area where the bearing presses into and the back of the hub flange. You have a tiny radius there and thats where you will find cracking and or failure. I don't mean to put down your product but, I have seen enough failures to at least warn you. Hopefully you have worked through these areas and don't have any problems. Word to the wise, when hubs fail, bad things happen. 

72'  2002 turbo build - under construction...