• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

brake master cylinder options

jmm03

Hello all, was just accepted to the forum, hope I will be able to contribute something useful down the line. I am reviving my long postponed 1967 1600-2 project. Am starting with a rebuild of the front subframe and brake system. I purchased most of the parts so far from IE, (thanks again Jeff for answering all my questions and steering me in the right direction...) I am wondering if anyone has modified the brake system of an early car with the single circuit master and remote booster assembly using the original pedal box. It has the manual clutch actuator not hydraulic. I am using the larger Volvo type brake calipers and vented front. The TII master won't work without making an adapter to bolt it to the pedal box , if that is even feasible. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks, Jim

Welcome!
Lots of threads And very helpful folks on the FAQ on this subject.  I’m a relative newbie as well. 

Im not quite done my build but getting closer: 

For my 68 1600-2. I replaced the early pedal box, added a rebuilt 2002 booster, e21 master cylinder, new brake lines, e21 drum brakes in the rear and the 1977 e21 Single circuit calipers Vented discs on e21 hubs in the front.

Got it all working last month. Car stops.

But haven’t had it at speed yet to really check it out.

Good luck with car feel free to pm me if you have any questions. 

Edited by Dionk