• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

QuietCoat Sound Insulation?

RMBaiada

I know that it has been a while, but could someone provide an update on the QuiteCoat installed in your cars?

1. Any issues with the QuietCoat coming loose or flaking, especially from the roof above the headliner?

2. Any residual smell?

3. Any other downside issues to using the QuiteCoat on the interior of the car?

I have just ordered 2 gallons of QuietCoat for my 1974 2002 restoration, and want to get it done before the headliner and rugs are installed. I plan to coat the interior of the car (roof, floor, back, doors, and side panels). The cost was $168, delivered to my door, and the customer support from Steve at QuietRock.com was fantastic.

Michael

I have no experience with this company, but their products look pretty niece and I will follow this thread with interest. My only question about the QuietCoat would be how it stands up to vibration, as it appears to have been developed for architectural use rather than automotive.

Ian
'76 M2

'02 325iT