• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

wtb- driver's seat, early style in blue

Mikepelly

If you find a decent blue seat that just needs a little love and attention due to a torn center section of the seat cover, I can now offer the blue or black basket weave (brick pattern) vinyl from BMW. Not just "sort of close to VW / Porsche"....but the actual GENUINE BMW vinyl! 

Available in BLUE and BLACK only. $45 per meter. I just ordered some for my 72 tii seats, today! :)

Black shown up close for detail. it is PERFECT and the real deal. 

blk vinyl.jpg

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

@wegweiser If I were to buy a meter in length, what is the width of this material? Basically, how many meters would I need to buy to reupholster both front seats, and the rear seat?

Thx ?

Bolts of fabric are 1.2 meters wide. (46") Hope this helps!

Paul

• Thanks 1

Paul Wegweiser

material looks great! Does anyone know how a heat seam works?  (I'll google it) but that's the only step necessary to make it match perfectly.   The really early style seats have a different seam, not sure the last year of the that style, i suspect 1969

• Like 1

'73 2002tii Colorado

'71 1600 cabriolet

'69 1600 cabriolet

I sell floor pans for coupes and 2002's

Bolts of fabric are 1.2 meters wide. (46") Hope this helps!

Paul

OK so does the width/"bolt of fabric" goes in relation to the pattern as the yellow arrow in the below pic?

Then, the length you order per meter goes along the pattern in the orientation of the red arrow (i.e. the length orientation is like a seat bottom from front to rear/rear to front)?

bmw vinyl dimensions.png

On 1/18/2020 at 8:22 PM, golf73 said:

OK so does the width/"bolt of fabric" goes in relation to the pattern as the yellow arrow in the below pic?

Then, the length you order per meter goes along the pattern in the orientation of the red arrow (i.e. the length orientation is like a seat bottom from front to rear/rear to front)?

bmw vinyl dimensions.png

YES. red arrow is direction of the material off the bolt. 

• Thanks 1

Paul Wegweiser