• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jan 28 or 29: seeking 2002 for SF music video

wesleslie

Hi all! I'm Wes, a local musician working on a new music video. I fortuitously ran into many of you at Red's Java House after your 49 Mile Drive a few weeks back, and fell in love with your cars (click on my profile to see more...)

I'm making a music video and would love to feature one of your gorgeous cars in it. It won't be driven, just parked and I'll be singing near it. Check out the below  pics  for an idea of what I'm imagining.

The date would be either Jan 28 or 29 in the daytime, and would last around 2 hours total in SF, at the lot near Red's (Pier 30) or close by.

If you're interested in having your car made locally famous (and hopefully world famous!) please: 

• click here and write which date(s) you're possibly available
  • and comment your email address below so I can follow up!

You can also email hey@wesleslie.com if you don't want your contact info public :)

And feel free to lurk me on my website to learn more: www.wesleslie.com

Thanks for considering,

Wes

Screen Shot 2019-12-27 at 8.24.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-27 at 8.23.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-27 at 8.23.21 PM.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there! One last request :) 

Looking for a 2002 for a music video shoot on Wednesday Jan 29th, 9am in Alameda (old naval base area). Let me know if you'd wanna play!

Meals will be provided, and possibly a bit of compensation too.

Feel free to email hey@wesleslie.com or reply here.

Thanks for considering!

-Wes

• BMW Neue Klasse - a birth of a Sports Sedan

BMW Neue Klasse - a birth of a Sports Sedan

Unveiling of the Neue Klasse Unveiled in 1961, BMW 1500 sedan was a revolutionary concept at the outset of the '60s. No tail fins or chrome fountains. Instead, what you got was understated and elegant, in a modern sense, exciting to drive as nearly any sports car, and yet still comfortable for four.   The elegant little sedan was an instant sensation. In the 1500, BMW not only found the long-term solution to its dire business straits but, more importantly, created an entirely new
    History of the BMW 2002 and the 02 Series

History of the BMW 2002 and the 02 Series

In 1966, BMW was practically unknown in the US unless you were a touring motorcycle enthusiast or had seen an Isetta given away on a quiz show.  BMW’s sales in the US that year were just 1253 cars.  Then BMW 1600-2 came to America’s shores, tripling US sales to 4564 the following year, boosted by favorable articles in the Buff Books. Car and Driver called it “the best $2500 sedan anywhere.”  Road & Track’s road test was equally enthusiastic.  Then, BMW took a cue from American manufacturers,
    The BMW 2002 Production Run

The BMW 2002 Production Run

BMW 02 series are like the original Volkswagen Beetles in one way (besides both being German classic cars)—throughout their long production, they all essentially look alike—at least to the uninitiated:  small, boxy, rear-wheel drive, two-door sedan.  Aficionados know better.   Not only were there three other body styles—none, unfortunately, exported to the US—but there were some significant visual and mechanical changes over their eleven-year production run.   I’ve extracted t
  • Upcoming Events

• Supporting Vendors