• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bav Auto springs vs IE Stage II

• Administrators
1 hour ago, TobyB said:

Yup, it's not too bad.  But the wheel rate is harder to calculate...

t

Front is easy if you attach the bar to the strut. It is very close to 1 to 1 ratio. If it is still attached to the control arm, then you will need to get the morion ration to calculate the wheel rate :) Really only need the distance from the attachment point to the sway bar link and from attachment point to the ball joint of the strut. 

Get your 2002 FAQ merchandise from 2002FAQ Store

• 1 year later...
On 8/19/2019 at 12:04 PM, steve k. said:

Picture of the "big enough sway bar for autocross" :)

What bar and links are those? Nice that it attaches to the strut housing. Fellow old car autocrosser here trying to optimize suspension. Here are some fun pro pics of me and my '69 at a local club event a couple weeks ago if anyone wants to check em out. pics of Roundie autocrossing

Ryan

-------

'69 1600

• Administrators

All is custom made from parts at http://1speedway.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=76

Sorry, I do not remember the sizes any more, but it is a Nascar Style Splined bar. The arms were cut to about 7 or 8 inches, and i had the ears welded to the strut.

I tried using bearings for the mounts to the subframe, but i could not get them to be parallel, so switch to bushings.

steve k.

• Like 1

Get your 2002 FAQ merchandise from 2002FAQ Store