• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ORIGINAL paint request. Show me your best.

Seth Horwitz

2 hours ago, uai said:

2 hours ago, Simeon said:

Cars rust from the inside out and I can guarantee that BMW didn’t do anything to the inside of panels. 

Not so sure... at least primer was in the rockers (red for early cars).

You are correct. I was specifically referring to when BMW resprayed the US metallic paint cars under warranty.

The cars were dipped in a primer by the factory while an electric current passed through the car to deposit on the inside of the panels. I think the theory was that the solids in the primer bath flow to the uncoated steel until deposited at an even thickness. 

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

Oops, wrong car ?

But looking good for 34 years old single stage schwarzIMG_20190107_152527692.thumb.jpg.b9cfe74ec61ca5b288f360fce18cf9a7.jpg ?

Seth, we'd need better pics of the usual problem areas in order to determine, or guess at, any significant rust issues. 

Cheers,

• Like 2

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.