• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any interest in a meet/drive this month?

visionaut

Hey fellow Rocky Mtn FAQers,

I’ve been out and doing quite a bit of driving in the local foothills since spring.  It’s great out there. Been to a few CCA meets, etc.  Haven’t seen too many other 02s about  — but I know you all gotta be out there driving somewhere...

So hows about a local central Colorado 02ers meet and drive get-together sometime this month?

I’ve got a couple of different great drives mapped out in and around the Denver southwest foothills and out to the divide, with a rest-stop mid-way, that I know you’d all enjoy. Or we could just get together to see and talk 02s over a cold one..  If you’ve got other ideas, throw em out..

I was thinking some afternoon after work (with the longer evening daylight) might work — or else a late weekend morning. (?)

For a meet & drive, we’ve met up for prior GTGs in the big lot in front of Tipsy’s off 470 & Bowles over by the foothills.  There’s coffee, food & gas right there,  we can all park together in our own space, and it’s close to several possible drive starts we can do westward from there.

Reply if you’re interested.  Indicate at least 2 dates in July that could work for you...

Hope to catch ya soon,

Tom

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

Hey Tom - thanks for posting this.  I am interested in getting together for a meet/drive in July.  An evening the week of July 22nd or the weekend of July 28th would work for me.  Look forward to hearing if any other FAQ'ers are also interested.

Best,

Eric

'74 Fjord

Looks like it's just you and I, Eric.  Nobody else is social-able, looks at this regional forum, or has their 02 drivable nowadays I guess...

I'll look at what works best for an evening next week, and PM you some details for a meet-up if you're still game.

Later,

Tom

Yes!  I've been wanting to do this- but...  I currently have the engine out of the car.  New motor is built, I welded on a piece of reinforcement for the motor mount today, and have officially started putting stuff back together.  Seems like it ought to be a couple of days, but it'll probably be a couple of weeks before I'm roadworthy again...

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

Hi Dave,

No problem - as the summer driving season goes on into Fall I'll try to organize a few more 02er meets/drives locally.  Will look forward to seeing you out when it's all back together!

Maybe something up norther of D-town since you're in the Fort.

Tom

So we’re thinking maybe since our local BMW CCA (I'm a member) is having one of their Bimmer Burger Nights next Wednesday evening, July 25th, over at the Sonic Drive-in over in Littleton, right off the intersection of E470 and Ken Caryl from 6:00 - 7:30pm, of meeting up there.  

I've been to several of these - they're held at 3-4 different Sonics around the city from Spring thru Fall - and they draw anywhere from 15-30 Bimmers out.  Most always some really cool rides.  It's open to all - you don't have to be a CCA member, just a Bimmerphile.

My thoughts are if we get there a bit early, we'll get good parking spots (5:30pm) for an 02 ‘contingent’ - and if then, perhaps we could also leave a bit early, and do a quick foothills drive I know well right nearby before sunset?

be square (or roundie) or be there ?

Tom

As Tom mentioned, the Bimmer Burger Night meet in Littleton is at the Sonic Drive-In located at 7561 Shaffer Pkwy, Littleton, CO 80127 from 6:00 -7:30 PM.  Planning to make it there tomorrow with my '74 Fjord and look forward to hopefully seeing some other 02's there. 

Eric

Weather forecast is looking pretty bad for this evening so I am going to pass on making it tonight. 

Tom, lets try an afternoon or early AM drive on the weekend once the weather forecast gets better - let me know what works for you. 

Best,

Eric

• 3 weeks later...

Eric, that looks sweet. We gotta catch up soon for a drive.

But this weekend’s spoken for already for me & the missus.  I just got Estoriled.. (CPO 435ix GC M-Sport).  ?

I can do something afternoon/evening this coming week.  IF the weather-gods cooperate this time.  Maybe like Wednesday at 5:30-6:00pm, meet-up over at the Tipsy’s lot off E-470 and Bowles...?

Tom

There’s a  Bimmer Burger Nightt meet in Centennial this Wed as well.

A0053DCE-0061-49EA-84E1-1DB7BFF5B832.jpeg

Thanks guys..  Officially Estorillau II Metallic. Yeah, it's a dream-come-true -- I lucked into a maxed-out M options model.

Just amazing the difference 40 years makes between my '76 and this '16. (my new front discs are 1.5" larger diameter than OEM 2002 wheels!!)

Eric - I might actually be able to swing an early-ish Meet-up & Drive this coming Saturday, August 18th, if that'll work for you.  Say perhaps 10am, over at the Tipsy's lot? (they have coffee/deli too, but we can stop for such on our drive as well).  Any and all other 02ers invited, obviously.

Tom

• Upcoming Events

• Supporting Vendors

[[Template slidermaker/global/embed/showSlider is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]