• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Place to have head machined in SF Bay Area

Hello there, long time reader (lurker since 2004), first time poster. Now that that’s out of the way, down to business. My 1970 2002 has decided to blow it’s head gasket and I need a recommendation for a place to have the head machined. Any and all recommendations would be very appreciated.

Thank you! I knew of Terry’s shop but associated it more with high performance engines and the like, so it didn’t occur to me to just go there. I’m not sure if this is considered over or under thinking on my part.

Make sure to take the timing cover with you when you take the head in, if the machinist is familiar with M10's then he will ask for it, if not he won't. When you skim the head you need to have the timing cover attached so they end up the same size otherwise you will have a hard time getting it to seal when you reinstall it.

• Like 2

74 Golf