• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Engine Mount Bolt

Lefty

I have a missing bolt from my right engine mount bracket. Does anyone know the size of the bolt?  This begs another question... In general, is there a set of different bolts that one should keep on hand for these types of emergencies?  Where is everyone’s go to place for hardware?  I would like to stick to BMW or at least a close approximation. 

98E2434E-11E1-42D6-8447-A366AB563324.jpeg

www.realoem.com has your dimensions.

https://www.belmetric.com/ has the bolts.

Up here Tacoma Screw is still ok, and Stone Way Hardware, Hardwick's, and the Ace up at 91st and 5th are pretty good.

Ace Hardware in general CAN stock pretty good one- off metric bolts- it just depends on how much the particular store decides to carry.

I don't usually carry spare hardware, but at the track, I make sure I have a general assortment of 6, 8 and 10mm, bolts, nuts, and a hacksaw.

Tie wraps and bailing wire.  But that starts another thread...  ;)

t

engine fixings.jpg

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL