• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Very early 2002 long neck diff, 3.64 ratio

BarryA

Price: $75

Description:

3.64 ratio series I long neck diff - good condition, but has bearing noise, will need to be gone through.   Relatively rare diff, believe only used in 1968 and early 1969 2002's up to chassis number 1664760.   If you have an early  1600, want to get away from the low geared 1600 diff and don't want to swap in a short-neck rear subframe, diff and driveshaft, this is the diff to use.   $75 obo, prefer local pickup, delivery possible in the Sacramento - SF Bay area (can ship if necessary, buyer pays shipping and crating - these are heavy, bulky units - crating and shipping will probably cost at least $100)   

Note: I've been told that it's possible to install an E21 LSD diff carrier in the long neck case with long neck gears, but I've never done it - I also have an E21 LSD diff (which also has bearing noise) that I got with the intent of building a 3.64 LSD for my early '69 sunroof, but that car was sold a couple of years ago - if anyone's interested in buying both we can discuss a bundled price for the pair.

Barry Allen
'69 Sunroof - sold
'82 E21 (daily driver), '82 633CSi (wife's driver) - both sold
66 Chevy Nova wagon (yard & parts hauler)

• 1 month later...