• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frame rail

Gre@semonkey02

The car will still drive straight just one wheel will be more forward than the other lol!  did you measure at the chassis alignment points? There is an image in the post below that shows were to take the measurements 

Yes I did it’s 5 mm off and other side about the same but will the engine sit not aligned also or this much won’t matter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hm.... the engine will probably still sit straight in the car because the rear tranny mount is forcing it to.  Also if both sides are out the same amount the front subframe is most likely sitting square in the car...the dif mount also has enough play to account for the engine being more forward. 

You maybe did it this way.......I have heard that you can take pretty accurate frame measurements using  a plumb-bob center of each point and transferring the marks to tape on the floor...you then pull the car out an measure the tick marks on the tape 

If it were my car I would take it to a frame shop and have them confirm the measurements. I would think it would be pretty easy to mess up by 5mm even using the plumb-bob method  

Hm.... the engine will probably still sit straight in the car because the rear tranny mount is forcing it to.  Also if both sides are out the same amount the front subframe is most likely sitting square in the car...the dif mount also has enough play to account for the engine being more forward. 

You maybe did it this way.......I have heard that you can take pretty accurate frame measurements using  a plumb-bob center of each point and transferring the marks to tape on the floor...you then pull the car out an measure the tick marks on the tape 

If it were my car I would take it to a frame shop and have them confirm the measurements. I would think it would be pretty easy to mess up by 5mm even using the plumb-bob method  

Okay maybe it will be okay worse come to worse I can move the subframe saddle back 5 mm re welded it back in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I would be surprised if one subframe mount perch was 5mm ahead of the other-

(I've been surprised before)

because the front subframe wouldn't even bolt in at that point.

It's sleeved to the body, pretty precisely.

The trans mount wouldn't overcome the engine mounts- quite the opposite,

it'd fail on installation.  And the transmission would be into the tunnel,

if no other correction was taken.

But measure some more.  And figure out what's not adding up.  It would be HARD

to be off by half a centimeter...  but not impossible, I guess...

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

I would be surprised if one subframe mount perch was 5mm ahead of the other-
(I've been surprised before)
because the front subframe wouldn't even bolt in at that point.
It's sleeved to the body, pretty precisely.
The trans mount wouldn't overcome the engine mounts- quite the opposite,
it'd fail on installation.  And the transmission would be into the tunnel,
if no other correction was taken.

But measure some more.  And figure out what's not adding up.  It would be HARD
to be off by half a centimeter...  but not impossible, I guess...

t

Well the subframe fits but the back bolt are little tight not right in the Center but it bolts up without a problem but it’s not perfectly Center from what I can see but I measured a few time back subframe bolt to front bolt hole I get 99 1/4 and left side 99 1/2 so I might have to move the left perch back because I’m not moving the frame rail it self back