• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recaro Sport Seats

dmckim

Price: $550

Description:

The story: I bought them about 10-11 years ago to put in my car (1980 633csi). Something else was always more pressing on the car, including a 4 year motor rebuild, so they never got re-done. Seller told me that they were out of a e21, which was consistent with the e21 seat tracks on the seats when I got them.

They are not BMW Recaros - they are Recaros that were sold by seat dealers aftermarket as part of their "L-Modular System" where you could customize seat backs and bottoms. They were very popular, supposedly, with the Porsche and Ferrari crowd too. You can find the original literature on line.

I currently have comfort seats in my car. I decided to keep it bone stock and just order the replacement covers for those instead, and have the horsehair pads rebuilt. I thought on keeping these for my next project (which was hopefully a 2002 - I am a frequent lurker), but could also do with making some space.

If I was to use them, I would break them down, clean and repaint the frames. Some of the padding will probably need to be replaced, some will probably still be OK. And obviously recover them. All the functions seem to work, albeit they are missing the two plastic lever covers on the side for the forward fold mechanism.

I am looking to get $550, including the e21 rails. That's what I have into them. They weigh about 50lbs each with the rails.

Car Parts-01.jpg

Car Parts-02.jpg

Car Parts-03.jpg

Car Parts-04.jpg

Car Parts-06.jpg

Car Parts-07 (1).jpg

• 5 weeks later...