• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Almost if not complete M42 swap

deez2002

Testing the water here. Bought a good running m42 off a 91 318i from another forum member from r3v. Located in Bay Area.

I've been undecided on what direction I'm going with my 02, engine wise. Got either this swap or stick with my rebuilt m10 and my dual webers. If someone can steer, or convince me otherwise to keep this swap then I would. Anyways the engine has roughly ~200k on it as well as the g240. Comes with wiring harness, ecu, all of g240 bits (clutch, PP, throw out bearing etc.) driveshaft, brand new engine refresher bits like gaskets, tstat, water pump, spark plugs etc. Also comes with Jakeb's full swap kit; engine mount, transmission mounts, manifold, with a custom made downpipe jig to work with manifold with a bung already made. I'm pretty sure there are other things I might be missing but just PM me for questions. Not really looking into shipping unless buyer pays, local would be best. I'm willing to let all of it go for $1000 (jake's swap kit alone is $500) if it doesn't sell then I might just keep it for spare when m10 craps out on me, who knows...

b7b3623002711e635c9b4cc9745286ef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did my swap about 4-5 months ago and the drives absolutely fantastic. This is definitely the way to go IMO. I know you can't replace the purest feeling of an m10, but this is one of the most cost effective way to get a classic daily drivable 02.

I did my swap about 4-5 months ago and the drives absolutely fantastic. This is definitely the way to go IMO. I know you can't replace the purest feeling of an m10, but this is one of the most cost effective way to get a classic daily drivable 02.

Man see... one would say it's the way to go, and other would say it's a headache.. it sucks cause it was my original plan but because of smog, it kinda change my feelings about it. You don't have a problem with smog cause you have a 72.

I live in GA and a vehicle this old does not have to pass emissions. I don't k ow if this is what you're talking about...so forgive me if I'm wrong. Also I did put a high flow cat anyway because some of the fumes were killing me.

• 5 months later...