• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Horn Ring

Hello everyone- question- how do I keep the horn ring in place? it seems to have too much play so it moves around and the horn operates intermittently.  Appreciate your time and expertise.  Please see the pictures.  The arrow points to the ring before it was disassembled. second picture shows the play in the ring.   Thank you 

horn ring 3.jpg

horn ring 4.JPG

Hah, I actually just had this issue with mine a few weeks ago. With my new Momo hub the spring pressure is much higher than the stock wheel, so at certain angles it would push the horn ring out an an angle and cause the horn to sound when turning.

I fixed it with some black high-temp hot glue to tack it in semi-permanently and keep it from popping outa it's home.

Hasn't been an issue since.

What did become an issue was a horrible squeaking when turning of the nub rubbing the ring. Gotta get some electrolytic grease to shut it up this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk